Sunday, November 9, 2014

4th Prenatal Check-up

Date: November 7

Stats: 
Age of gestation: 25 wks. (6mos.)

BP 100/80
Month before  90/70

Weight 117
Last month 115

Gained 2lbs in a month (which is just an ideal weight gain according to my doctor), glad that not an ounce of weight is anywhere but my belly.


I'm 25 weeks pregnant going 26 and at my last antenatal appointment, my OB reckoned the baby was breech, hopefully she turns before my expected date of delivery otherwise i'll be having a c-section operation... I'm not bothered by the thought of a C-section to be honest - I think it will be a relief for me as I have been dreading giving birth naturally again (after almost 16 years with my firstborn). I am trying to work on my fears though, so hopefully if I have to give birth naturally, I will be able to cope and handle my fears. 


I am now not sure of the position of the baby. My abdomen feels hard high up on both sides  - felt like 2 heads - it was really confusing!! 


My left rib is very sore at certain times of the day - my OB says its when the baby is stretching its arms and your rib contracts and it feels like you want to lift it to stop the ache. 


I am also getting kicks in my lower pelvic area - like she was trying to kick my pelvic joint, hard enough to feel like punches... I guess I have a little tap dancer on my bladder! Very painful at times I had to wince...


Fingers crossed, I am hoping my little one turns - my OB said there is no point in worrying at this stage because in most cases, the baby eventually turns. 

Also I have read some articles with some exercises that are meant to encourage turning like spending lots of time on all fours with your bum in the air. I think I'm gonna have to try that...






No comments:

Post a Comment